Collect, Extract and Use Online Data Quickly and More Easily
Learn data extraction tools and techniques to get information from websites & other sources into useable, useful formats.
Want to learn how to QUICKLY extract data from websites and other sources into useable, useful formats?
Save time and resources by learning these helpful data extraction tools and techniques!
In this course, we'll review a variety of data extraction methods in a series of short tutorials aimed at beginner and intermediate-level computer users.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to use these tools and techniques with confidence, so you can get the data you need more quickly and with less effort!
My goal in this course is to help you learn how to easily collect and extract data from websites and other sources into useable, useful formats.
In this course, we'll walk through a series of helpful and practical data extraction tools and techniques. As we work together, I'll explain WHICH tools to use WHEN, so you can learn more quickly and with more confidence.
As we review several real-world examples, we'll cover:
- How to create full-page screenshots and print-friendly PDFs from ANY website
- Using free OCR (Optical Character Recognition) tools to extract text out of scanned documents and other images
- How to QUICKLY extract useful information out of webpages and into your spreadsheet
- Strategies for converting hard-to-extract web data into organized tables
- How to automate online data retrieval tasks and other processes WITHOUT writing a single line of code!
By the end of this course, you'll be able to use a variety of data extraction tools with confidence, so you can save time and be more productive!
Hi! My name is Kathleen Farley, and I’ve been teaching web technology and data management to beginners since 2009 under the name Robobunnyattack!
I believe that with the right approach, anyone can learn anything.
My goal is to help you learn exactly what YOU need to know. Understanding which pieces of the puzzle you’re missing is usually the hardest part. I’ll help you understand the bigger picture, so you can learn more quickly and with more confidence.
Kathleen Farley, Instructor
Frequently Asked Questions
- Beginner and intermediate-level computer users
- Knowledge workers seeking to strengthen their data management skills
- Learners of all ages who want to REALLY understand how to work more effectively with data — not just memorize a series of steps!
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) with Internet access
- Any modern web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, or Safari)
- Any spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Excel, LibreOffice, or OpenOffice
- Some basic computer skills (cutting and pasting text, saving files into folders)
- Some rudimentary spreadsheet skills (data entry, formatting)
- A desire to learn!