Create, Update and Manage Your Own Website Using Drupal 7
Use Drupal 7 to build your own website in this beginner-level course. Learn all about themes, blocks, modules and more!
Learn how to use Drupal 7 to build your own flexible and dynamic website in this comprehensive introductory course. No prior experience necessary!
Drupal is an open source content management platform powering millions of websites and applications. It's built, used, and supported by an active and diverse community of people around the world.
You can use Drupal to build everything from personal blogs to enterprise applications. Thousands of add-on modules and designs let you build any site you can imagine.
Whether you plan to build your own Drupal website or hire a Drupal developer to help you, understanding the basics of how Drupal works will help you build and maintain a better website!
My goal in this course is to help you develop an intuitive understanding of how to use Drupal 7 to build your own website.
In this course, we'll explore the many configuration options, functions and features available in Drupal 7. As we work together, I'll explain WHY and HOW things work in Drupal, so you can learn more quickly and with more confidence.
As we discover Drupal together, we'll cover:
- How to handle basic Drupal site administration
- How Drupal can help you better organize your website's content
- How to handle users, user roles, and permissions
- How to select, install and configure Drupal themes and modules
- Basic troubleshooting techniques
- And so much more...!
By the end of this course, you'll be able to configure, edit and update a Drupal site with confidence, following best practices every step of the way!
Hi! My name is Kathleen Farley, and I’ve been teaching web technology and data management to beginners since 2009 under the name Robobunnyattack!
I believe that with the right approach, anyone can learn anything.
My goal is to help you learn exactly what YOU need to know. Understanding which pieces of the puzzle you’re missing is usually the hardest part. I’ll help you understand the bigger picture, so you can learn more quickly and with more confidence.
Kathleen Farley, Instructor
PreviewWhat's the difference between Articles and Basic Pages in Drupal? (7:32)
StartHow do I add a Basic Page to my Drupal site? (7:19)
StartHow do I add Articles to my Drupal site? (11:46)
StartWhat does "Sticky" mean when it comes to Drupal content? (5:44)
StartHow do I change the URL path alias for my Drupal content? (5:16)
StartHow do I change the default settings for commenting? (8:38)
StartHow do I change the default front page for my Drupal site? (4:13)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Beginners with no previous coding or programming experience
- Web designers seeking to strengthen their Drupal skills
- Learners of all ages who want to REALLY understand how to use Drupal — not just memorize a series of steps!
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) with Internet access
- Any modern web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, or Safari)
- Drupal 7, hosted either on a webserver or on your own local machine
- A desire to learn!