Use Spreadsheets Confidently: Navigation, Functions and More
Supercharge your spreadsheet & data management skills! Learn essential Excel functions, data clean-up tricks and more.
Want to do MORE with Microsoft Excel? Need to speed up your spreadsheet workflow?
Spreadsheet software programs like Microsoft Excel, Apple Numbers and LibreOffice are more than just tables! Used properly, they're essential tools for helping you analyze and understand just about any kind of data.
In this practical course suitable for beginner and intermediate-level spreadsheet users, we'll use a real-world example to learn more about spreadsheet navigation, formatting, functions, and simple data clean-up tools.
Whether you want to just get faster and feel more confident using spreadsheets, or just use spreadsheet software to better analyze your data, understanding spreadsheets makes it possible.
My goal in this course is to help you get better and faster at using ANY spreadsheet software.
In this course, I'll demonstrate practical and time-saving steps using a real-world example. As we work together, I'll explain WHY and HOW things work the way they do, so you can learn more quickly and with more confidence.
As we sort through and analyze our spreadsheet data, we'll cover:
- How to quickly navigate and format large data sets
- How to use functions to answer specific questions about your data
- Handy tricks for speeding up your workflow
- And much more...!
I'll demonstrate each step using LibreOffice, a FREE and easy-to-use office productivity suite. You can apply these skills in your preferred spreadsheet software program, such as Microsoft Excel, Apple Numbers, or Google Spreadsheets.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to use Microsoft Excel or any other spreadsheet software application to analyze your data more efficiently and with more confidence!
Hi! My name is Kathleen Farley, and I’ve been teaching web technology and data management to beginners since 2009 under the name Robobunnyattack!
I believe that with the right approach, anyone can learn anything.
My goal is to help you learn exactly what YOU need to know. Understanding which pieces of the puzzle you’re missing is usually the hardest part. I’ll help you understand the bigger picture, so you can learn more quickly and with more confidence.
Kathleen Farley, Instructor
StartHow do I add up a column of numbers in a spreadsheet? (Using the SUM function) (4:49)
StartHow do I reference cells on a different sheet? (7:01)
StartHow do I add up values that only meet a specific criteria? (Using SUMIF) (6:21)
StartHow do I use a SUMIF function with cells on a different sheet? (3:45)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Beginner and intermediate-level users of Microsoft Excel (or any spreadsheet software)
- Knowledge workers seeking to strengthen their data management skills
- Learners of all ages who want to REALLY understand how to use spreadsheets — not just memorize a series of steps!
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) with Internet access
- Any spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Excel, LibreOffice, or OpenOffice
- Some rudimentary spreadsheet skills (data entry, basic calculations)
- A desire to learn!